Tuesday, April 17, 2012

13. What I've Learned thus Far

I have gained an enormous deal of technical knowledge pertaining to beginning filmmaking in this class over the past few months. A large portion of that knowledge was garnered from exposure to new and exciting equipment: I learned how to use a glidetrack, and, perhaps more importantly, when to use a glidetrack. I (brimming with excitement, I must admit) learned how to use Zeiss Prime lenses on DSLR cameras. Hell, I learned how to set up and execute basic DSLR shots to begin with. The vast storehouse of information about color temperatures, apertures, lenses and sensors has finally started to cement itself in my mind. Overall, this technical knowledge has given me some more confidence to create works that feel cinematic and eschew the constraints that always dog a student film project.

No comments:

Post a Comment